Tuesday 22 September 2015

Super Easy Mandarin and Date Cake

Today's experimental 'use up what's in the fruit bowl' recipe was such a success that I thought I'd better share.
Not only did I think it was delicious, but Alice shoved handfuls of cake into her little mouth and I've never seen her do that before!

My Mum passed along a 'tangy orange cake' recipe that uses a whole orange, and this is a variation of that recipe.

Mandarin and Date Cake:
Ingredients:
3 small mandarins, chopped in half
Handful of dates
175g melted butter
1.5 cups self raising flour
0.5 cups sugar
3 eggs

Method:
Blitz the mandarins and dates in the food processor. Add all other ingredients and blitz until combined.
Pour into a greased 20cm cake tin.
Bake at 180 degrees for 35-40mins.
Serve drenched with icing sugar.

1 comment: